Favorite Naturist/Nudist/Clothing-optional Web Sites
The good news: there are so many worthwhile Web pages by and for
people who enjoy being naked. (Almost) everything you could ever want to
read or see about the subject.
The bad news: there are so many worthwhile Web pages by and for
people who enjoy being naked. How can you ever find the really
For a long time I've resisted putting up a list of favorites, because
I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving something out. But
now the number of sites is just so overwhelming, it's too easy
to miss the really top-notch places. And that isn't fair to them.
Or helpful to you.
So I'm doing my part to help identify the really best pages
about general nonsexual nudity that can be found on the Web.
If you think you have a site that might belong on this list, send
me some email about it. But please be
patient. I don't have as much time to work on this as I used to.
And, unfortunately, I can't list everything. Don't let your
feelings be hurt if your site doesn't get listed. Instead, make it
Sites with many types of information on nudity and nakedness.
- Top notch site with overview of naturism, message board,
chat, shopping mall, cartoons, and humor
The Naturist Society
- Good general information as well as material
on TNS (one of the two principal naturist/nudist organizations in
the U. S.). Visit the site, join TNS, and support the cause.
Their quarterly printed magazine is great.
American Association for Nude Recreation
- More good general information -- especially a
directory of all
affiliated landed and nonlanded clubs in North America.
Federation of Canadian Naturists
- The site is loaded with information, they have a great quarterly
magazine, and the organization is
very much worth joining even if you don't live in Candada.
- Isabelle offers wonderful poetry and photographs througout
this site. There's also a
discussion forum. Read
to understand some of the joy of naturism.
Cheef's Nudist Naturist Place
- Key features include the Nudist News, discussion forums, and
thorough guides to camps, clubs, and resorts in the U. S. and
Sunclad Naturist Resources
- Focuses on naturism in New England, but also has a general nude
news page, bookstore, and a
column about online naturism. By Dennis Kirkpatrick.
- Extensive site featuring essays, nude news, and much more.
The Complete Guide to Becoming a Nudist
- Visit this site if you're thinking nudity might be for you, but
you're not sure how to start. It's humorous, besides.
JMF's Nudist/Naturist Pages
- A well-crafted site by James Fitzwilliam, including an
introduction to naturism, list of favorite beaches and resorts,
and annotated reading list.
- One of the first important naturist sites, still has good
general pages on naturism, by Dave Rossow.
- This site has a fine collection of features. The main feature
is a searchable database of nudist/naturist resorts and clubs, but
there is also a message board, trip reports, general information,
and a nudist "friend finder" database.
- Excellent content at this site: news stories about nudity,
advice column, external links that are rated by recency of update.
And the whole site is searchable.
Places to go for many more references. Most of the general information sites
also have good lists of links.
Open Directory Project: Nudism
- Good, selective list of links. A version of this
list is at
Google, with entries sorted in "page rank" order.
Kent Ashton's Links to Naturist Sites
- A pretty long list, in alphabetical order.
People describe and document their clothing-optional lifestyles.
Joe and Natalie's Naked Page
- Joe and Natalie are naked, irreverent, a bit outrageous, and...
Moose's Home Page on Nudism
- George M. Muss provides a lively overview of his involvement
The New Home Page of SunnyDay
- A young woman writes about the joys of discovering nudism.
Her site includes
stories about her experiences with nudity, a good
on naturism, and a
The Civilized Explorer
- Maybe it's unfair to call this a "naturist" site, since
naturism isn't the primary subject. Instead, it deals with
things -- like travel in the
French West Indies,
and the Burning Man
festival -- which have obvious naturist associations. (See
skin divers photo gallery, for example.) The site is
the work of Philip Stripling and Louise Johnson.
Thoughts and essays about why nudity is important, and related philosophical
205 Arguments and Observations in Support of Naturism
- Exactly what the title says.
- This is one of the best places to begin considering
some of the philosophical and "spiritual" issues of nakedness.
Dare To Go Bare
- Several pages that present a balanced overview of nudism and
naturism from a religious perspective (at the
Web site). Includes discussion of nudity in the Bible, role of
nudity in various religious traditions, and other general topics
- Discussion of nudity and naturism from the perspective of
secular humanism. An
email discussion group is available for anyone interested in
further dialogue on the subject.
People and organizations fighting for your right to be naked.
Naturist Action Committee
- The non-profit political adjunct to The Naturist Society.
Body Freedom Collaborative
- BFC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing
the integration and acceptance of non-sexual social nudity
in a variety of public and private settings. Some of its projects
Experience Nakedness Project, the
Seattle Free Beach Campaign,
World Naked Beach Party,
NakedFreedom.org (which promotes body-positive public lands
There's also a
Guide to a Body-Positive Life and a Yahoo
- At present, this leads to a Yahoo group of the same name, whose
purpose is "to promote the benefits and practice of 'naturism',
with an emphasis on 'free-range' clothes-freedom." The scope of
the groups is worldwide, though in practice the majority of
its focus is the UK.
Topfree Equal Rights Association
- Women who choose to be topfree are often treated as harshly
as if fully nude. TERA campaigns to change that.
The Freedom To Be Yourself
- Vincent Bethell's crusade to stop the racist hatred towards
the human race. Related to this is the
Stopsegregation discussion group.
- About Steve Gough's walk the length of Great
one end to the other in 2003 -- naked. Steve completed the
first walk in January 2004 -- and is planning to do it again.
Nude happenings around the world.
Nudes in the News
- Just a very plain, unadorned page with lots of current news
headline links to stories about nudity. Provided by the (San Francisco)
Bay Area Naturists.
Cheef's Nudist News
- The collection is very thorough, updated almost daily, and
provides brief annotations for each story.
Nudes in the News
- Nude news stories provided by
Sunclad Unclad News: The Daily NudeLines
- Selected headlines, generated by
Express your opinions and make naturist/nudist friends.
- A top-notch email discussion list for general nudist/naturist
NNN: The Nakedness, Nudity, and Naturism List
- A discussion list that encourages philosophical reflections
on anything related to nudity and nakedness. You can go directly
- Discussion of naturism from the perspective of secular
humanism, agnosticism, and atheism.
My Nude Life
- The main feature (as of this writing) of Cyndiann's site is
the message board, but there's a chat room too, as well as essays,
external links, and photos from site members.
From resorts, clubs, and camps to beaches and hiking trails.
San Francisco Bay Guardian Nude Beach Guide
- Very complete guide to nude places in the San Francisco Bay
area. Until recently, this was updated every year.
2004 guide is very brief, but most older information is still
Naturism in the UK
- Also known as NUFF, the Naturist UK Fact File. A zillion
reasons for naturists from everywhere to visit the UK.
Cap'n Barefoot's Naturist Guide to the Greek Islands
- Could there possibly be any better place to go naked?
Clothing-Optional Opportunities in B. C.
- A guide by Bill Arnett to nudist clubs and clothing-optional
beaches in British Columbia.
It also provides information on some
locations in the U. S. and
elsewhere in the world.
external links are good too.
What to do when you don't have any clothes on.
Nautical Naturist Home Page
- A loose association of Flotillas -- over 24 -- to encourage
going bare onboard.
- A Yahoo discussion group about nude hiking, as well as
related activities like camping, fishing, and biking that can
be enjoyed while naked.
The Outdoor Recreation Interest Group of the Naturist Society
- Yahoo discussion group for the TNS SIG dealing with all forms
of outdoor nude recreation, especially hiking, canoeing, camping,
The Paddling Bares Canoe Club
- For naturist canoeists and kayakers, especially in the New
Bare Bushwalking in Australia
- This looks like a pretty comprehensive guide to nude hiking
just about anywhere (within reason) in Australia. It includes
news, opinions, and general information provided by an
extensive list of nude bushwalkers. There's a page of
good advice for nude hikers anywhere, and a list of relevant
Nude Hiking in the Yukon & Alaska
- Here's another site for people who enjoy both nudity and
hiking in the great outdoors. It includes a page of nude hiking
etiquette and tips and a list of online sites that can help you
find hiking partners. This main page contains lists of useful
external links and books about nudity and naturism.
How the whole family can enjoy and benefit from naturism.
- Yahoo discussion group on raising children in a naturist
- A Yahoo discussion group dealing with naturism in family life.
It's not just for families and older folks.
Young Adult Naturists
- Excellent general site on naturism aimed at young people from teens
- The site offers both a message board and an email list server.
The Nude World of Cat
- Young Brit Catherine Lewis' site is not just about her,
but also contains
first time stories from others, an active
message board, a
guide to closet nudism, and a
Art helps explain us to ourselves.
- A very complete collection of famous fine art masterpieces
depicting the female nude.
- Watercolors of beach scenes by an artist who has done good
- Her work is watercolors, mostly of naturist places such as
Gunnison Beach, Haulover Beach, and Orient Beach (St. Martin).
Certainly deserves a section of its own. It is more than just pictures
of naked people.
The Spirit of Lady Godiva
- A book of photography by Harvey, featuring nudity in the
The CENTURY Project: Women from birth through 100 years of age
- An ambitions, ongoing project by Frank Cordelle to photography
women of all ages, ethnic backgrounds, and body types.
- Handpainted fine art nude photographs.
The Mindseye Photography
- Husband and wife photographers -- Fred and Lara Ellis.
is very diverse, images that teem with symbol and myth. Lara's
gallery is full of nature and the outdoors.
The art form most appropriate for naturists.
The Body Painting Page
- This site, created by Steven Bradford, covers the whole
subject, with images, imformation on techniques and materials,
lists of books/articles/videos, and well chosen
Body Painting Links Page 2.2
- This may be the most extensive collection of body painting links --
Bodypainting by Fredi Schmid
- A bodypainting site with several galleries, a very good
- Ioco does photography and conventional painting as well as
bodypainting. There are male as well as female
- Sort of a cheat, because the page is at this site. It's mostly
links, which are annotated.
Miscellaneous, in other words.
Loxie & Zoot
- Cartoon naturist adventures from Australia.
Copyright © 1997-2007, All Rights Reserved
Last updated: March 17, 2007