15 Top Reasons to Be Naked!
The following was written by a young member of the
Federation of Canadian Naturists.
It is used with their permission.
1. It's fun! Of course, it's not for everyone, but then,
neither is Madonna
nor the Red Hot Chili Peppers, NBA basketball nor Batman. But once most young
couples and boyfriends/girlfriends try it, they come back. Why? Because it's
fun. You probably know people who have vacationed at nude beaches, who
skinny-dip in their backyard pool or
who lounge around the house nude. Why not?
2. It's healthy! Besides improved self-esteem, the sun relieves stress,
provides you with Vitamin D, a tan with SPF 4 protection and helps clear acne.
Naturists don't overdo their time in the sun; they tan safely with a
3. It feels good! You know how gross those jeans and bra straps feel on a
hot sticky day? Or that wet swimsuit when you come out of the water! No
more! Trade it in for the feeling of wind on your back and the sun on your
4. Self-esteem! You'll feel great about yourself! Nudity helps you become
more open and accept yourself for whom you are, not whether you measure up to
the supermodels you see in ads. Welcome to a place that does not measure value
as a human being by body size! It makes you a stronger, more confident
5. Be yourself! You can express your individuality! Everyone accepts you as
you are, whether you have a disability, are overweight, dyed your hair purple,
or have a great tattoo that your friends hate. People are attracted by your
personality! Everybody's different, and
that is respected!
6. So much to do! Volleyball, swimming, basketball, suntanning, golf,
tennis, and all sorts of other activities. There is just about anything youd
do at any campground or beach. Only more.
7. You are in full control! You decide when you arrive and leave. You
decide what to do when you are there! Just like if you went to the beach.
But better! If its your first visit, you decide when or even if you want to
disrobe! Its normal to feel apprehensive on your first
visit, but since you're in control, you have nothing to lose by checking it
8. You can be you! It's so refreshing to be someplace where nudity is not
sex, unlike ads, movies or TV. You don't have to look like an actor or actress
from Baywatch! Nobody's staring to see if you have a great body or if you're
overweight or too thin! Nobody is checking you out at all! It doesn't matter
if your belly button is an inny or an outy! It's OK!
9. No sex! Everyone in a nudist park is having an orgy? NOT! That is Myth #
1! (People who think nudity is about sex find it a lot more convenient to go
to strip bars. Besides, the naturist resort owners don't let those people in
anyways.) Lewd behaviour is NOT allowed. Ever!
10. Safety! You're in a no-jerks zone! People treat you the way you want to
be treated. Problems are taken care of right away, especially for women, so
they don't feel vulnerable. You won't run into problems like at public beaches
where people stare at bathing suits, giving their imaginations free reign.
11. Popularity and confidentiality! You'll be part of the group! Already,
thousands of Canadians are nudists. But nudism is totally confidential, so
nobody knows. Naturist parks are in discreet, strictly private areas, well
back from roads. Those who go accept
newcomers anonymity. All naturists respect confidentiality. The only people
who know you enjoy nudism are those you tell. And if you meet someone at a
resort you know, don't worry about it. They're there for the same reasons as
you, to have fun.
12. Skinny-dipping! All those University of British Columbia students
be wrong! You've heard about all those great topless and nude beaches
elsewhere in the world, Europe, the Caribbean, Florida. But North America's
second-largest nude beach is Vancouver's Wreck Beach, just at the base of a
cliff on the edge of the University of British
Columbia. On a hot summer day you'll find 12,000 nude people (UBC students
wouldn't cut class, would they?)! There are smaller nude beaches in every
province in Canada.
13. It doesn't cost a lot! You don't put out the big bucks for a fun time.
14. It's Natural! If people were meant to go naked, they would have been
born that way!!!
Copyright © 1997, All Rights Reserved
Last updated: May 4, 1998